Serves 6 • Preheat to 400°F
• 12 boneless skinless chicken tenders
• 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
• 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
• 2 teaspoons garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• 3 large egg white
• 1 cup whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs, lightly pulsed in a food processor
• 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (substitute butter if necessary)
• 1 tablespoon honey
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Rinse chicken tenders in cool water. Pat dry and set aside.
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, garlic and onion powder. In a second small mixing bowl, place the egg whites and lightly beat with a fork. Finally, in a third medium mixing bowl, combine Panko and shredded coconut.
4. Dip each chicken tender in the flour, followed by the egg whites, and last dip the tender in the Panko and coconut mixture. Each time, ensure the chicken in completely coated. Place coated tenders on a nonstick baking pan, do not spray the pan with nonstick spray.
5. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the melted coconut oil evenly on the coated tenders. Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven, turn chicken tenders over, and drizzle the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil on the second side. Bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes until no pink remains in the center and a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees. Remove from oven and drizzle with honey while hot.
6. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!