Yields: 12 mini stratas; 6 servings
35 minutes total time, 1 hour chill.
• 1 tbsp. butter
• 1-1/2 cups small broccoli florets
• 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
• 1/3 cup chopped onion
• 5 cups French OR Italian bread pieces (3/4-inch)
• 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (4 oz.)
• 5 eggs
• 1 cup half-and-half
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1/4 tsp. pepper
1. Coat 12 muffin cups generously with cooking spray.
2. Heat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add broccoli, red pepper and onion; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to large bowl. Add bread and cheese; toss to mix.
3. Beat eggs, half-and-half, salt and pepper in medium bowl until blended. Pour over bread mixture; toss gently to coat. Spoon bread mixture into muffin cups. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or overnight.
4. Heat oven to 350°F. BAKE in center of 350°F oven until puffed, golden and knife inserted near center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Loosen stratas from sides of pans with thin knife.
**Special note – this recipe is “leftover” friendly… meaning you can use leftover vegetables in it.
**Special note – these can be made ahead and heated for on the go meals.