• 4 slices nitrate-free turkey bacon, diced
• 1 cup shredded zucchini
• 4 tablespoon red bell pepper, diced
• 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
• 4 large eggs + 4 tablespoon water, whipped with a fork
• 8 tablespoons low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
• 4 (6-inch) whole grain flour tortilla
• Salsa (optional)
In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook bacon. When bacon beings to turn crispy, add zucchini, red pepper, and salt. Cook until zucchini begins to brown. Add eggs and scramble until eggs cooked to desired consistency.
Lay tortilla on a flat surface, spoon egg mix onto tortilla, and top with cheese. Fold in side and roll tortilla to form a burrito. If desired, serve with your favorite salsa!
OPTION: For an egg white only burrito, substitute 2 egg whites for the whole egg. Continue with recipe as directed.
NOTE: This recipe has been adjusted for a family. You can quarter, half or add more servings as necessary.