• 6 large eggs
• 1 1/4 cups milk (whole or 2 percent)
• 1 cup Fireball cinnamon whiskey
• 2⁄3 cup half-and-half
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
• Pinch of salt
• 1 loaf challah or brioche bread, cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices
• 1 tbsp unsalted butter, plus more for serving
• Maple syrup or apple butter, for serving
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, Fireball, half-and-half, sugar and ground cinnamon until well combined. Pour into a large baking dish, and add the cut slices of bread in a single layer. Let stand 5 minutes, until the underside of each slice is saturated with custard, then flip to soak the second side of each slice.
Heat a nonstick griddle over medium heat, and add 1 tablespoon of the butter. When the butter is melted, remove the bread slices from the custard, letting the extra drip off, and transfer to the pan. Cook, turning once, until golden brown on both sides, about 6 minutes total.
Divide the slices among 4 warmed plates, and serve with additional butter and maple syrup.
***WARNING*** Other site has autostart videos.