• 12 egg yolks
• 2 cups of sugar
• 1 cup of water
• 3.5 oz (100g) shredded coconut
• 2 tbsp butter, melted
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
1) Preheat oven to 350ºF Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2) Line the baking molds with some spray cooking oil.
3) Pour mixture into molds until 3/4 full and bake in a water bath for around 20 minutes.
(Water bath is a baking pan with water in it, so just place the molds or ramekins on top of the water without touching it)
4) Cool slightly before turning out and serve cold, enjoy!
From wiki – Quindim is a popular Brazilian baked dessert, made chiefly from sugar, egg yolks, and ground coconut. It is a custard and usually presented as an upturned cup with a glistening surface and intensely yellow color. The mixture can also be made in a large ring mold (like a Savarin mold) in which case it is called a “quindão” and served in slices.
*Conversions to American made here* Non-instructional text left off. Wiki added.