Prep time: 5 mins • Cook time 25 mins
Servings: (Sheet cake) 24 *can be done as a layer cake
• 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
• 1¼ cup granulated sugar
• 2 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 20 oz can crushed pineapple in 100% juice (do not drain)
• 2 eggs
• 1 3.5 oz package vanilla instant pudding mix
• 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
• 12 oz Cool Whip or 1 cup heavy whipped cream, whipped
Grease and flour a 9×13 baking dish.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and baking soda.
Mix in vanilla extract, crushed pineapple, and eggs until combined.
Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool completely.
Whisk pineapple and pudding mix together until combined.
Gently fold in the Cool Whip or whipped cream until incorporated.
Spread on cooled cake.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.