Prep Time: minimal • Cooking time: 30 Minutes
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 lbs)
1 egg, slightly beaten
3/4 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
(another site suggested putting a loaf of old French bread in the blender)
1 jar (26 ounces) marinara sauce
1 cup Parmesan -or- shredded Mozzarella cheese
4 servings of your favorite pasta (optional)
• Dip chicken in egg, then bread crumbs, coating well.
• In a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish, arrange chicken.
• Bake uncovered 20 minutes. If using a metal pan, increase the oven
temperature by 25 degrees
• Pour the marinara sauce over chicken and top with cheese.
• Bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
• Serve if desired, with hot cooked pasta.